Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Diar-- uhh, Blog...

I've missed you. I've been meaning to get back to you, but I just haven't had much news to share. Lately I've just been doing a few bad and fairly decent cover songs, cooking some more experimental food, watching a lot of TV, having imaginary conversations with myself, learning a few more pieces for my piano, and sitting on my butt for a long, long time.


Blog, I'm 21 now. I've been 21 for almost a month now. I've stopped going to school, and I'm now trying to improve on my singing. I've mainly been focusing on my Jason Mraz covers, because he's my superhero, and because I'm starting to have a harder time singing higher notes.

Aside from playing my endless online video games, I've been working on a story! Again! This time, it's going much more smoothly. I guess, in a way, I'm practicing and refreshing my literary abilities through you, Blog. I'm so glad I have you. :)


You know, Blog, I've been better. Last year wasn't great, but it was better than how this year's been so far. But you know, I've got my friends, my music, my entertainment, even my family, dysfunctional as it is.

I actually miss a lot of my friends, especially the ones I made when I was still studying in De La Salle - College of Saint Benilde (DLS-CSB). I really want see them and talk to them again, but they're busier than any organism I could mention in any sort of metaphor fitting the situation, so I don't blame them. I may not go to college anymore, but I'm happy that I got the chance to make some of the nicest friends ever, especially when I was still in AB-MMA. (That's Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Arts -- arguably THE most demanding course in the known universe -- to all you non-Benildeans.) I commend them. Somehow, even through all the stress, they never forget how to stay as decent human beings, and they never forget the people they have ever high-fived, fist-bumped, hugged, called for no reason on their cellphones, played games with, smiled with, laughed with, and cut class with.


Blog, I hope that someday, I could meet all those people again. I want to know how they're doing, what they're up to, how they survived hell on earth, and I want to see what sort of diamonds they've become after being put under the intellectual equivalent of thousands of tonnes of pressure. I, for sure, have a lot more to learn, compared to what they have. Most of them are graduating soon, and as much as I regret not being able to do that with them, I certainly could not be any happier for them. They'll finally become full-fledged artists in their own right. I cannot wait to see what they have to show the world in the future.


That's all for now, Blog. I just wanted to let out all the gooey stuff in my chest that wasn't phlegm. Thanks for being the one to catch it all. Now, you may not be the best blog, but you're the best, Blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment